This is a painting by George Roy of Fort Kent. Depicted in the painting is the fire that destroyed the Ste. Agathe Church building. At 5:30 p.m. on August 13, 1940, a gasoline stove had suddenly exploded in the house of Joseph and Adel Bouchard. The burning flames from this house quickly reached the church building and the volunteer fire department was unable to save the church.
View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.