In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Ste. Agathe Historical Society

View of Long Lake, St. Agathe, ca. 1908

Contributed by Ste. Agathe Historical Society
MMN Item 9843 Item Details
View of Long Lake, St. Agathe, ca. 1908
MMN Item 9843 Zoom

Description

This view of Long Lake included part of the Pelletier Island. This island presently owned by Edwin Pelletier & Sons, Inc. of Frenchville, can be reached by a man-made road. In early times, a ferry provided access to the island. Huge potato fields and wheat fields make up the center of the island and many cottages dot the shores. The road along the lake shore is present day Route 162. Note the fence made out of logs.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.